merida & chichen itza

dan goes to mexico, guatemala, honduras, nicaragua and panama

merida & chichen itza

Postby danmason on Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:41 pm

Hello. Im in Merida, Mexico now. I met up with my mother in Cancun
the other day. We went to Chichen Itza today. Those are some mayan
ruins. They were pretty nice, and I got lots of photos.

the following contains some vulgar language, but is necessary for the story.

Cancun was ok, but slightly expensive. The second night there, I got in
a fight with a mexican. I knew this guy from the hostel, and he seemed
cool. A bunch of us went to a club, and were drinking happily all night.
Then me and the mexican go to leave, and run into a girl from our
hostel. I kind of knew her, and she was cool, and pretty. He suddenly
flipped out on this girl, and called her a whore, and such. Then he pushed
her, and like 10 mexicans jumped on him in about a 1/2 a second. She
talked them out of kicking his ass, and then we were all waiting for the
bus. Then on the bus, he freaked out and hit me a couple times. He was
drunk, and his punches didnt hurt, so I told him to chill the fuck out, or Id
kick his ass. Anyhow he hit me again, and so I got up, and started
pounding on him. Some people on the bus stopped me. So then me and
that girl get off the bus, and he follows us, and starts talking shit. But a
cop was just then driving by, and we flagged him down. We, and a
mexican from the bus told the cops what had happened, and they
arrested him. The next day we found out the cops beat him up, and took
his cash ($85) and his credit cards. Anyhow, he the next day,
he came back to the hostel and started talking shit to the girl. I wasnt
around, but they kicked him out.

So yeah, everything is great here in Merida!


Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:04 am

Postby rachel on Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:30 pm

that's terrible! i'm glad that everything turned out ok--but now you know (if you hadn't already guessed...) that mexican police officers may not offer the best solutions to problems! i mean, they served their purpose here but i'd hate to really need their help myself.

anyway--can you fill us in on some more details about mom and jonathan? as in, are they enjoying themselves? just some little hint or something?
rachel
Family
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: new york

Postby danmason on Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:12 pm

rachel wrote:anyway--can you fill us in on some more details about mom and jonathan? as in, are they enjoying themselves? just some little hint or something?


theyre walking around on some beach or something right now. we are in playa del carmen. tonight we ate at a rally nice restaurant. i had lobster soup, and lobster pasta, jonathan had steak and shrimp, and mom had a 1 pound lobster tail. anyhow, all is well.


Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:04 am

Re: merida & chichen itza

Postby schulte on Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:24 am

danmason wrote:Cancun was ok, but slightly expensive. The second night there, I got in
a fight with a mexican. I knew this guy from the hostel, and he seemed
cool. A bunch of us went to a club, and were drinking happily all night.
Then me and the mexican go to leave, and run into a girl from our
hostel. I kind of knew her, and she was cool, and pretty. He suddenly
flipped out on this girl, and called her a whore, and such. Then he pushed
her, and like 10 mexicans jumped on him in about a 1/2 a second. She
talked them out of kicking his ass, and then we were all waiting for the
bus. Then on the bus, he freaked out and hit me a couple times. He was
drunk, and his punches didnt hurt, so I told him to chill the fuck out, or Id
kick his ass. Anyhow he hit me again, and so I got up, and started
pounding on him. Some people on the bus stopped me. So then me and
that girl get off the bus, and he follows us, and starts talking shit. But a
cop was just then driving by, and we flagged him down. We, and a
mexican from the bus told the cops what had happened, and they
arrested him. The next day we found out the cops beat him up, and took
his cash ($85) and his credit cards. Anyhow, he the next day,
he came back to the hostel and started talking shit to the girl. I wasnt
around, but they kicked him out.
Dan


Wow Dan, that reminds me of a few times we hung out while drinking..... remember when you started shit with me at Bill's and I had to crack your rib and throw you out of the party? Those were fun times. Glad you're still alive and all.

--schulte
schulte
 

Re: merida & chichen itza

Postby danmason on Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:23 pm

schulte wrote:Wow Dan, that reminds me of a few times we hung out while drinking..... remember when you started shit with me at Bill's and I had to crack your rib and throw you out of the party? Those were fun times. Glad you're still alive and all.


Haha forgot about that. Ill have to get you back, when i return.


Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:04 am


Return to mexico and central america

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Fatal error: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php in /home/www.danmason.net/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 106