mexico city

dan goes to mexico, guatemala, honduras, nicaragua and panama

mexico city

Postby danmason on Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:02 am

hey peoples. you will have to excuse my spelling, this kiosk sucks. so yeah i´m in mexico city. i got here around 8am. i took the metro from terminal norte to terminal tapo. it was 3 transfers, but i had a compas, so it was fairly simple. the only mexicans that speak english here want to sell me cocaine. heh. any how my bus leaves for palenque at 4pm. hopefully i can figure out the phones here, if not, happy thanksgiving. i have a pocket full of funny money. the metro was only 2 peso, about US 20 cents. the bathrooms here are pretty nasty. the mexica first class bus is cheaper and 10 times nicer than greyhound. i can´t believe i found the central bus station yesterday in nuevo laredo. you have to just stop moving bus to get on. then i looked up what the words on the busses were. turns out carretera, which means main road went to the middle of no where, which luckily was the central bus station. anyhow the buttons on this kiosk hurt my fingers, so i´m goinng to hang up now.

much lov, Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

photos

Postby rachel on Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:09 pm

hey! thanks for calling yesterday. it sounds like everything is going fabulously. is your new camera digital and, if so, will we get to see the pictures that you take throughout the course of your trip or do we have to wait until you get back?
love,
r<
rachel
Family

Re: photos

Postby danmason on Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:31 pm

rachel wrote:hey! thanks for calling yesterday. it sounds like everything is going fabulously. is your new camera digital and, if so, will we get to see the pictures that you take throughout the course of your trip or do we have to wait until you get back?
love,
r<

its not digital, but thats good. digital cameras look too fancy, and i´d probably be robbed. that, and they require charging the battery. anyhow, i have a service to mail film to, and they develope the rolls and put them ´on the online´. i have 2 rolls shot, i´m going to look for the post office later. they have no street signs in palenque though, which makes things a little more difficult. hopefully i didn´t mess up the photos at the palenque ruinas today.

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

You're warm and I'm not ...

Postby dankerr on Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:01 pm

Mase, looks like you're covering some ground. Single digit wind chill here, how bout you? You didn't like Mexico City? I got married there in 83. Girl wanted citezenship, I wanted "Married Pay" from the Air Force, It worked out all good. Sad to say it ended in divorce, go figure. MC is just one big (BIG) fithty place, I liked it. Bizzare sex clubs, a little usd go a long way ... Well have fun be carfull drop a line.

Say, bind works but the apache interface doesn't add. Sould I do those manually in appache virtual config or what? Is it somthing Mike can finish?

dank?
dankerr
Amigo

Re: You're warm and I'm not ...

Postby danmason on Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:24 pm

dankerr wrote:Mase, looks like you're covering some ground. Single digit wind chill here, how bout you?

its gotta be around 85f. i´m not certain though. in the early afternoon its very hot.

dankerr wrote:Say, bind works but the apache interface doesn't add. Sould I do those manually in appache virtual config or what? Is it somthing Mike can finish?

yeah, mike could finish the apache web interface, or add them manually to the file. i think its /home/apache/conf/httpd.conf. be carefull :)

dankerr wrote:dank?

heh, indeed.
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Return to mexico and central america