isla de ometepe

dan goes to mexico, guatemala, honduras, nicaragua and panama

isla de ometepe

Postby danmason on Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:44 pm

I arrived in Panama City around 9:35. It took an hour to get through Immigration and Customs. I knew the bus to San Jose Costa Rica was at 11, so I caught a cab. He skipped the highway, to save a dollar. So I arrived at Terminal Terrestre at 10:55. I ran to the ATM, and got the ticket. I arrived in San Jose early this morning, and bought a ticket to Managua Nicaragua. I got off the bus early, in Rivas Nicaragua. From Rivas I took a ferry accross to Isla de Ometep. Im going to rent some sort of vehicle tomorrow, and explore the island. Then Ill probably catch a boat back to Rivas, and work my way to Granada Nicaragua for the weekend.

I was thinking about spending some time in Costa Rica. I decided against it. I want to make it to San Pedro Guatemala for Halloween. I wanted to see Isla Ometepe, Granada, Leon and the ruins of Leon Veija more than anything I could find in Costa Rica.

Anyhow, its very hot on this island. And Im hungry. Gotta run!

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Job?

Postby Lyssa on Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:29 pm

Hey Bro, just wanted to say hi and that i love you and miss you. Hey do you think Visi would like a cute blonde receptionist by the name of alyssa? :oops:
Lyssa

to the lucky guy...

Postby Thomas on Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:44 am

Hey Dan, funny to think you're seeing all those places now. You'll like it in Granada, it's a cool place for a few days. Next summer I'll probably fly to the States and on my way to Seatlle I'll stop in Minneapolis and hang with you for a while if you like the thought of that. OK man, enjoy moving home and say hi to San Pedro for me. Oh, and by the way.... next week I'm flying to London for the weekend so hooking up with Shane is gonna be good. Just the first of many reunions I may hope, always welcome in Holland!!!! Take care bro, Thomas
Thomas

Postby danmason on Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:08 pm

So I spent the day biking around. I didnt bring enough cash to rent a motorcycle, and I can drive a stick, so I couldnt rent a jeep. It was a nice view, but Im way out of shape.
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Return to mexico and central america