piura

dan goes to colombia, ecuador, peru, bolivia, brasil, argentina, and venezuela

piura

Postby danmason on Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:42 pm

Im in Peru now. I skipped the first town Tumbes because a cabbie warned me of a lot of violence in recent days. Just some assholes running around beating people up. Anyhow, tumbes was kind of small, and Piura is much larger. Ecuador was nice, they used the US Dollar. Here they use the Peruvian Nuevo Sol. Its about 3.5 Sol to the US Dollar. I was on the bus for a total of 8 hours today, good thing I woke up at 7am (ouch). Anyhow, im hungry. Adios!

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Postby LEE on Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:45 am

Hey Dan,
Seems like a long time between postings from you. How are you doing and where are you? Are you still in Peru? Please tell us about the cities, the Natives, and is the primary language Spanish? Have you found nice places to stay? How is the food? Give us the scoop like a good news reporter. Thanks in advance for the next posting.
Love,
G :?: :?: :?:
LEE

Postby danmason on Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:14 pm

LEE wrote:Seems like a long time between postings from you. How are you doing and where are you? Are you still in Peru? Please tell us about the cities, the Natives, and is the primary language Spanish? Have you found nice places to stay? How is the food? Give us the scoop like a good news reporter. Thanks in advance for the next posting.

Yes. I am still in Piura Peru. Very few people here speak english. I got here thursday, and made some Peruana firends. Then Monday Thomas and Klaus arrived. So Ive just been hanging out. Im in a very nice hotel, though its a bit expensive at $13 a night. The food is very good. But they seem to have funny tastes with their local drinks. Ive just been having a good time, not sure when we are leaving this down.

Dan
Last edited by danmason on Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you

Postby Lee on Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:03 pm

Hey Dan,

Do you have any idea how happy I was to get your posting??????????????
I believe I shrieked a happy scream heard 'round the world. Did you hear it in Peru? Are you and your two friends having a blast? It is a relief to hear that you are not alone.

Keep posting and keep being cautious. People who have over-active imaginations want to be assurred that "all is well" with their GREAT
family member who has the wonderlus (?).
Love you,
G :) :) :lol:
Lee

Return to south america