la paz

dan goes to colombia, ecuador, peru, bolivia, brasil, argentina, and venezuela

la paz

Postby danmason on Thu May 01, 2003 6:36 pm

Im in La Paz Bolivia now. In Bolivia, they have a dispute over which city is the capital. Sucre is the official capital, but La Paz has all the goverment power. La Paz is spanish for The Peace. Today is primero de mayo, so most things are closed. My hotel is a nice old colonial building. I have a huge window. The city is a big hill, and is very tiring to walk around. On the way the bus had a 1 hour layover/change in Copacabana Bolivia. Not ´the hottest spot north of habana´ from the song. Anyhow, this city seems to be nice. There is a giant ´mercado negro´ about a mile from my hotel, which is spanish for ´black market´. I cant wait to go check it out tomorrow. I want to find a fake bling-bling rolex. Should be cheap. Bolivia uses the Boliviano for currency, its about 7 to the dollar. Anyhow, gotta run.

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Postby danmason on Sun May 04, 2003 5:10 pm

So Im still in La Paz. Ive been partying all weekend. Friday Thomas and Klaus showed up, then later so did Shane and Andrew. We have been clubbin, and exploring the city. Tomorrow Im going to get a yellow fever shot, then head for cochabamba, where Ill apply for a visa to enter brazil.

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Return to south america