rio de janeiro

dan goes to colombia, ecuador, peru, bolivia, brasil, argentina, and venezuela

rio de janeiro

Postby danmason on Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:04 pm

I caught a 1:20 bus to Rio today. By far the nicest bus Ive been on. In fact, it was nicer than any plane Ive been on. Complimentary bottled water. When you get on they give you a carton of yogurt milk stuff, a little bag with chips, a twinkie, and some crackers, along with headphones for the movie and a magazine. The seats were comfortable. The bus was chilly with A/C but they give you a pillow and blanket as well. Crazyness. Cant wait to check out the beach tomorrow. Copacabana is supposed to have the most beautiful women in the world, and with thongs! Then just down the shore is Ipanema beach, where the song was written. Anyhow, now I gotta figure out the Rio metro.

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Postby kmason on Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:25 pm

Hi Dan!

I knew you would head to Rio and the beach ASAP! don't forget the sunscreen 8) .

Love you!
Mom
kmason
Family

Postby danmason on Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:48 pm

kmason wrote:Hi Dan!

I knew you would head to Rio and the beach ASAP! don't forget the sunscreen 8) .

I got pretty cooked today. Nothing like in Tulum though. In a little while Im gonna take the metro over to Centro.

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Postby danmason on Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:47 pm

Well, Im starting to learn portuguese. I asked a girl that works at my hotel if I could pay her to teach me portuguese pronunciation. She said yes, but doesnt want any money. Anyhow, its really complicated. Lots of words are spelt the same in spanish and portuguese, but the pronunication is totally different.

Yesterday I went downtown (centro). I got totally lost, and walked around for hours, only to realize I had walked all the way back to my hotel. So then I walked around some more, and ended up back in centro. So I took the metro back. It was the most exercise Ive had in ages. I was sort of looking for a movie theatre. I found 2. One plays portuguese art films (no thanks) and the other had Matrix 2, and the new Jim Carey film, where he is god. Ive seen both.

Anyhow, its friday night (I think) and Im gonan look for some clubs tonight.

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:19 pm

Hey buddy, it all sounds wonderfull and the only reason I'm not going crazy with envy is that I'm at the Argentinian border now and will go and ski tomorow for the day and after that I hope to meet up with Shane in Buenos Aires, keep having a good time and be carefull with the chica's in Copacobana. I heard they are all about the money if you know what I mean. Take care Thomas.

Postby danmason on Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:45 pm

I saw a couple movies yesterday. The first was "24 Hour Party People". Which was a great movie. Then I saw Moore's Bowling for Columbine. That was a good movie. Glad I finally saw it. Then when I got out of that movie, the Metro was closed. So I had to walk back from Botofoga to my hotel. Luckily my sense of dirrection worked perfectly. Took about an hour.

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Return to south america