bogota

dan goes to colombia, ecuador, peru, bolivia, brasil, argentina, and venezuela

bogota

Postby danmason on Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:10 pm

This morning I arrived in Bogota, the capital of Colombia. I checked into a place called Platypus, which appears to be the vortex of backpacker riffraff. Its not all bad though, Ive alread run into 2 people there that I know from other parts of Colombia. The Colombian who hiked with me and another guy in Parque Nacional Tayrona also lives here, so Ill probably call him later.

After dropping of my bags at the hotel, I went to FedEx. My credit card had expired, and so Dad shipped my new one here. Thanks Dad!

Also I stopped by Copa Airlines, and changed my ticket from 11/7 to 10/20. Im pretty much done with South America (for now) and Im excited to get to Nicaragua. Ill probably stop at a couple beaches in Costa Rica, since its on the way. After Nicaragua, I may head to Roatan, an island off the coast of Honduras. This depends on if I can afford to go scuba diving. Otherwise Ill head to San Pedro Guatemala, where my buddy Klaus is currently living.

Anyhow, I havn eaten anything all day, gotta run!

Dan
danmason
Drunken Pirate

Return to south america